This project is read-only.

Problems when moved to the desktop

Aug 24, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Great gadget.  Very handy.

One problem though.  When I drag it off the sidebar and place it on the desktop, it runs in the upper left hand corner of a large white box.  You can pick the gadget up and drag it to the lower right-hand corner of the screen so that the box is off the screen and only the gadget is visible but you have to do it every time windows starts up.

Is this repeatable for anyone else or is it just me?

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Solved my own problem.

Opened the gadget files and after a little digging, I saw that "body.undocked" in Gadget.css was set to a very large value.  Changed it to 130x225 (the size of the background graphic and the same as the docked size), re-zipped it, renamed it to TBMythTV.gadget, uninstalled the original and installed my changed version and it worked like a charm.

I'm posting this here in case anyone else has the same problem.  Since Windows 7 dispenses with the actual sidebar so that there are no docked gadgets, this may happen a lot more in the future.

Hooray for open source.

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Hi,

Blimey, a comment!  I've not looked here for ages, hence why no reply until now.

I'd not seen that problem (and haven't had that issue with Windows 7), but I'll include your fix in the next version as there are a few other bugs that people have found with it.

(I've also subscribed to comment notification in case anyone else posts anything)

Robert.